Queensland’s Rental Reforms: The Main Points
The Housing Legislation Amendment Bill 2021: In Summary
- * Removes the ability for lessors to end tenancies without grounds;
- * Provides additional approved reasons for lessors and tenants to end a tenancy;
- * Prescribes minimum housing standards and introduces compliance mechanisms to enforce these standards;
- * Introduces protections for people experiencing domestic and family violence and provides them streamlined termination rights;
- * Makes it easier for tenants to rent with pets.
Read the Press Release by Clicking on the Link below